Feb 22, 2024 —
- Membership cards now display stickers to mark each anniversary you've spent using Arc! Check out your membership card in Arc > Settings > Account.
- Command-clicking on a Pinned Tab's icon will take you back to your original pinned URL and open your prior URL in a new tab, ensuring you don't lose context.
- We've relaunched our polished toast notifications after resolving some bugs.
- Picture-in-Picture mode will no longer block alerts/modals that appear in your Arc window.
- We've fixed a bug that caused the Meet Picture-in-Picture chat scroll to conflict with our Picture-in-Picture moving gesture.
- We've addressed a bug that caused folder titles to flicker when opening new Arc windows.
- We've fixed an issue that caused Site Search to not work properly.
Feb 15, 2024 —
- Google Meet Chat is now accessible via Picture-in-Picture! Simply use Meet in Arc, leave your Meet tab, and click the chat icon to view or hide in-call messages.
- We've bolded your Space header while Pinned Tabs are collapsed in cases where your last Pinned Tab is in view.
- We've made some improvements to reduce the CPU usage of tabs when they're in the background.
- We now use Metal, Apple's graphics framework, for rendering tabs on Arm64-based Mac machines. This will help with performance and battery use.
- We've fixed an issue preventing you from changing the icon of tabs in your favorites.
- We've fixed an issue where zooming on a web page did not show the zoom %.
Feb 8, 2024 —
- Introducing Arc Sync – a more reliable sidebar sync without the need for iCloud! Arc Sync allows you to access your sidebar / tabs from any device. Activate it at Arc > Settings > Account by clicking "Turn On" next to the "new sync" notice. For more details, hit CMD T, type "Help Center," and search "Sync." As a heads up, we'll be phasing out old iCloud sync in the coming weeks (with plenty of notice!).
- Introducing Tidy Tabs, our latest Arc Max feature. Press the broom icon at the top of your Today Tabs to let your sidebar organize itself!
- Introducing Instant Links! Browse more quickly, by pressing Search + Shift for any query in your command bar to immediately open the top results.Turn on Instant Links by heading to Arc Settings > Arc Max > Instant Links.
- In GMeet, you can now "Share This Tab Instead" even if the tab is not actively selected. Simply hover over the tab in your sidebar and click the screen-share icon.
- We've adjusted some edge-cases on Easel Sharing permissions, such as being able to re-share edit permissions with someone after you've removed them.
- We've fixed a bug that caused Arc to momentarily lose the ability to accept clicks.
Feb 1, 2024 —
- Introducing Instant Links! Skip the middle man by hitting SHIFT ENTER after typing in CMD T to open new tab(s) instead of going to your search engine first. This is our latest Arc Max feature, and can be turned on in Arc > Settings > Max.
- Google Meet "Share This Tab Instead" is here! While screen-sharing a tab in Meet, a new button will appear directly on your Sidebar tabs to quickly switch which tab is shared instead.
- Skin Tones are now available in our emoji picker for Space / Tab Icons!
- Easily hide your sidebar by dragging the width of your sidebar all the way to the left to collapse it completely.
- We've removed the "Capture" icon on Easel tabs to clean up our UX. To Capture from anywhere, just hit CMD T and type "Capture" or hit CMD SHIFT 2.
- Drag to Split now allows you to pick the the order of your Split View panels by dragging a tab to left or right side of your target tab. We've also improved the drop indicator so it better matches your theme.
- When your Pinned Tabs are collapsed, keyboard navigation to traverse tabs in sidebar now correctly skips over Pinned Tabs.
- All named Spaces allow for collapsed Pinned Tabs (previously not possible for single-Space users). To name your Space, go to Spaces > Rename Space in the Mac Menu Bar.
- We've made some UI fixes to hover states in incognito mode.
- We've (re) launched our improved toast notification UX after some small fixes.
- We've fixed a bug that may have caused new tabs to open when unauthenticated on Atlassian sites.
- We've fixed a bug that prevented new windows from opening in full screen while Arc was in full screen.
- Improvements that make window resizing smoother by leveraging the background color of your website.
- Proactive memory release when we find the system has limited available memory.
- Introducing Arc Search, a modern, fast, and AI-enabled mobile browsing experience. Open the app store on your iPhone and type "Arc Search".
January 25, 2024 —
- An even simpler way to get into Split View! Simply drag one tab on top of another in the sidebar!
- If you've previously opted into all Arc Max features, we'll automatically opt you into new ones. If you don't want to be automatically included in new features, turn this off in Arc > Settings > Max.
- The Sidebar now responds to clicks even when the Command Bar (Cmd + T) is open. You can interact with it without having to dismiss the Command Bar first.
- Perplexity AI is now a default search engine option in Arc. Edit your search engine via Arc > Settings > Profiles. **We've fixed a bug that may have prevented Perplexity from working properly for some members.
- Hands-free collapse your Pinned Tab section by hitting CMD T and typing "Collapse Pinned" or "Expand Pinned".
- Clicking outside of the text input field while renaming Folders will now save your new name.
- Super Copy (CMD + SHIFT + C) now removes even more of your Amazon trackers when you copy.
- Deleting an item from Library moves it to the trash instead of permanently deleting it from your computer.
- Share Quote in the URL Bar is now automatically disabled on Confluence.
- We've improved the look and feel of the UX when you have no Favorites.
- We've polished the UX in the new Arc > Settings > Profiles menu.
- We've fixed a bug where Little Arc was opening in the wrong Space or suggesting the wrong Profile.
- You are now able to rename your default Profile, even when it's your only Profile.
- We fixed a common perf issue with opening Library.
- We've added
- Easel release notes
January 18, 2024 —
- Introducing per-Profile Archive settings! You can edit your Archive timing per Profile (and adjust all other per-Profile settings) in the new Arc > Settings > Profile menu.
- Easels now have alignment guides to assist you with object placement within Easel.
- Paste video URLs into Easels into instantly create a playable video embed.
- Easels now have a Split View button (click the plus button near the other editing tools) to quickly query content you may want to add to your Easel.
- CMD-W will now close the Little Arc quick lookup menu.
- The Easel Capture button is now only visible when hovering over the sidebar.
- We've made several improvements to reduce the resource usage of background tabs.
- Background tabs that use a lot of CPU will now automatically be paused.
- Websites that use WebGPU (mostly for advanced graphics and AI features) now work correctly in Arc.
- High dynamic range (HDR) images and videos now display correctly on Macs with HDR-capable displays, such as Apple XDR Display.
- Easel release notes
January 11, 2024 —
- Introducing the Collapsible Pinned Section! You can now toggle your Pinned Section open / closed as you focus on new explorations.
- We've restyled Toast Notifications! Updates include new coloring logic to match your theme and new animations.
- Turn Peeks into Split Views by hitting the Split button next to your Peek Window.
- We've added additional Account Management features like Change Name and Delete Account in Arc > Settings > Account and clicking on the ... menu next to email.
- Introducing the new Arc Help Center and Bug Reporter! Improvements include an easier to navigate and better branded resources and a web-based bug reporter that let's you be more specific about your question or issue. Hit CMD T and type "Visit Help Center" or "Contact the Team".
- Extension popups now open near their buttons.
- If you hover your mouse near the status pill at the bottom of your window, we'll move it to not obstruct your content.
- You can now disable the Share Quote button in the URL Bar in Arc > Settings > Advanced. Share Quote is automatically disabled for Gmail, slack, notion, and YouTube.
- We've removed the "Share" button from Space headers. You can share a Space by right clicking on your Space title or hitting the paint brush icon.
- 5-Second Previews will now load quicker and with fewer resources due to new caching.
- We've fixed a bug that prevented members from copying content from dev-tools.
- We've improved the initial loading performance for Easels.
- Sites in Peek will now Open according to Routing rules in Air Traffic Control. You can manage these in Arc > Settings > Links.
- Easel release notes